George Lamb versus Ebony Bones

on Thursday, April 17, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to embark on a feature entitled 'George Lamb versus Music'. Today, we have the second episode with Miss Ebony Bones.

If you're wondering who George Lamb is then head over to my first post [link]. Essentially, he's quite an unpopular radio DJ but he's not as bad as people make him out to be. Anyways, he has some impressive musical guests in to perform on his show and Ebony Bones recently made an appearance.

While receiving little blog hype, she has made a huge impression on print media. I find the whole situation quite bewildering - I remember her as an actress from a pretty abject soap series called 'Family Affairs' on Channel 5. I think the wifebeater from the series now owns (or works at) North London pub/venue Nambucca too, in case you were interested. Probably not.

ebony bones mp3 music
Firstly, I have to mention that she seems to be a bit of a fashionista. Seriously, she makes The Long Blondes look like they're the height of musical integrity. Not that there's anything wrong with having a bit of style but I worry when it might overshadow the music. Thankfully, that's not the case.

Ebony Bones throws in a little bit of everything into her music from tribal rhythms and chants to disco beats. Richard X (famous pop producer) and members of The Damned (seminal punk band) have been involved in her music, which says everything really. If you thought El Guincho [KHI feature] sounded like a carnival, Ebony Bones sounds like two carnivals going on at once, side by side, each vying for your attention. Mental. She could do with better lyrics/song titles though!

Ebony Bones - Don't Fart On My Heart (BBC 6Music Session) [Yourfilehost D/L]//[Sendspace mirror]
Ebony Bones - We Know All About You (BBC 6Music Session) [Yourfilehost]//[Sendspace]

The single 'Don't Fart On My Heart' is out this week in the UK, followed by an album sometime soon. Ebony Bones is also playing some festivals complete with full band in the summer. Oh and more George Lamb sessions (from other bands) to come soonish hopefully.
-----

I probably should have mentioned this on one of my recent posts seeing as I've had a couple of appearances at #1 on the Hype Machine's most popular list in the last few days but anyway, this is your LAST CHANCE to listen to my second podcast. It's a year old now so it's being taken to the old podcasts' home to retire peacefully. Details and mp3 [here]. I even namedrop Gareth from Los Campesinos! towards the end.

Also, I've got a poll going on the right (->) to see what you think of the site redesign, it was pretty bog standard before but is a bit better now I hope? If you have any thoughts, feel free to drop an anon comment in this post and obviously, vote! And are my posts too long/short, too little emphasis on the music or have too many photos etc? My subscriber list fluctuates massively. Let me know what I'm doing right or wrong please! I bet no-one will comment now.

msn spaces tracker
-